Friday, April 07, 2006

Songs of a lifetime - 6

The weekends here again and what would be a better time to raise a toast to a constant friend...alcohol! No song says it better than this one by Brad Paisley. One doesn't realise it, but most of us have done some darned crazy things under its influence. Strange as it may sound, some of the funniest, weirdest and most fun moments in life have been thanks to the magic stuff...I'm not advocating drinking here...but its true...hear it straight from the horse's mouth!


I can make anybody pretty
I can make you believe any lie
I can make you pick a fight with somebody twice your size
Well, I've been known to cause a few break-ups
An' I've been known to cause a few births
Well, I can make you new friends, or get you fired from work.

And since the day I left Milwaukee, Lynchburg an' Bordeaux, France
Been making the bars lots of big money
An' helpin' white people dance
I got you in trouble in High School
But College, now that was a ball
You had some of the best times you'll never remember with me
Alcohol, Alcohol.

I got blamed at your wedding reception
For your best man's embarrassing speech
And also for those naked pictures of you at the beach
I've influenced Kings and world leaders
I helped Hemingway write like he did
And I'll bet you a drink or two, that I can make you put that lampshade on your head.

Cause since the day I left Milwaukee,Lynchburg and Bordeaux, France
I been making a fool out of folks just like you
An' helping white people dance
I am medicine and I am poison
I can help you up or make you fall
You had some of the best times you'll never remember with me
Alcohol, Alcohol.

Cheers!
Abhishek.

4 comments:

Abhishek Chatterjee said...

arko - wah wah! wah wah! aapke i-banker wale dil mein ek shayar bhi chupa baitha hai...and yes daaru parties should happen kabhi toh...actually more often than that. Cheers to that!

Ekta said...

hmmm...
am a teetotaller..need I say more!:-)

Anand said...

aha!
U took the words outta my mouth!

Abhishek Chatterjee said...

ekta - yeah theres always a first time...;-)

anand - need i say more!