Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Songs of a lifetime - 3

I'm sure there are times when we think about the 'what ifs' in life. There are times when we wonder if things could have been different had we turned another corner. I guess only the hardcore optimists would think otherwise. I love this song by the Stereophonics which sums up this feeling perfectly. Chances missed, decisions taken, things said. Are there things you would have done differently? Even then, at some level, just thinking about this stuff makes you appreciate what you've done so far, take heart from it and move ahead a stronger person. I guess I've had a pretty comfortable time to date, but yeah, I would love to go back in time and change a few things. Wouldn't you?

It's your time
It's your day
It's never too late
To change lanes

How's your life?
How's your place?
Was it where you wanted
Your head to lay?

But wait, you can breathe
You can see what I can see
Don't waste your time
You can't make back

If you could rewind your time
Would you change your life?

Do you like you?
Do you love your wife?
Or did you pick what
You're told was right?
Dream and be
What you feel
Don't you compromise
What you wanna be
Cause change is okay
What's the point in staying the same
Regrets, forget what's dead and gone

If you could rewind your time
Would you change your life?

If Jesus rode in on a camel today
With your cross on his shoulder
Time to take you away
Have you done all you wanted?
Are you happy and warm?
Do you miss someone special
You don't see anymore?
Have you blood on your hands?
Do you dream of white sands?
Can you sleep well at night?
Have you done all you can?
The place I was born in
Stays crooked and straight
I see innocent blue eyes
Go blind everyday

Rewind your time
Would you change your life....Today....

Cheers!
Abhishek.

3 comments:

whitelight said...

Absolutely right. There are so many things I would want to change. Or wish they happened in a different way. But then what would life be without mistakes. The fun would be lost.

By the way, the new album (contains this song)is pretty rocking. And is affordably priced too.

Ron said...

you have put me ina very reflective mood with this song..is it too late for me to change some aspects of my life? namely choice of profession?? i dono..can i take that risk and accept the cut in pay if i switch now? most importantly will i be able to switch now? so many questions...

ps: whats your email id? got a couple of cool movie frwds which i could send you if you like.leave the id on my blog,pls coz i cant access yours from work.

Abhishek Chatterjee said...

Whitelight - Enjoy the music man...true, life wouldn't be a learning experience if we didn't make mistakes. A part of me still wants not to make them!

Ron - hehe, didn't mean to. The most successful people I know, also haven't figured a lotta those questions out. Ur in august company!