Sunday, November 12, 2006

"Suddenly they are not sure who they are. Carl Jung called this state mid-life crisis. You are in the trap of mid-life crisis, Jung said, when you are discontent with life, bored with people, feel dangerously adventurous, question the meaning of life, about who you are, or where your life is going. When this happens, you try to create a self to meet the expectations of others. But that puts life on a bumpy ride and the 'who am I' question turns more complex. They all want to be 'myself', but they are just not sure what that is..."

Blighmy! I've been in a mid life crisis practically all my life...

Cheers!
Abhishek.

3 comments:

Prerona said...

me too!

Cogito said...

:-) that was a good one..

Include me as a member in the club..

Abhishek Chatterjee said...

prerona - hey how have you been? long time... hehe..wouldve thought the definition of mid life crisis would be something more 'bhari'..oh well

cogito - tell me about it man.. i generally wouldve thought that boredom would be a part of the actual definition..lol